I'll leave you with a bulleted list of things that are bringing me happiness because, well, why not?
- That picture above is Rich's banner from over at fourfour, and that picture, featured prominently in the trailer for Volver, is a big part of the reason I saw the film. No lie. Boobs and knives put asses in the seats, y'all. Apparently even gay asses. Well, at least this gay ass. Loved that film. Seriously, even if you don't like boobs or knives, you owe it to yourself to check it out. Almodovar loves women, and you will fall in love with the women in this movie.
- Thanks to freakgirl (and honestly, I really can't thank her enough, for like everything), I've been revisiting something almost tragically beloved from my childhood-- Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp. He's a chimpanzee AND a spy, people. Never mind that he has a freakin' band, too! Lancelot Link and the Evolution Revolution OWNS my ass.
- It smells like rain.
- If you're thinking about seeing The Lookout, ponder no more, my treasures. It's fab. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is phenomenal (Who knew? You did? Why didn't you say?), and this movie is the best thing I've seen in English for a while. Weeks at least. Thanks me later, bitches. Jeff Daniels? Also real good.
- Imogen Heap- Speak For Yourself. I couldn't agree more, baby.
- This time Thursday, I'll be standing on a mountain strapped to two slippery boards.