Saturday, December 23, 2006

I'll sing to him, each spring to him, and worship the trousers that cling to him

Bewitched, bothered, and bewildered am I.

I know it's the eve of Christmas Eve and I should be all "celebrate family" and "peace on earth" with a festive post, but, well, feh. Kinda over it before the fact. Forgive me?

There is something I can get excited about. You seeing The History Boys! (link has sound...but it's rad 80s music, if that helps) Fabulous. This is easily (easily!) one of the best things I've seen this year. I hadn't seen the play so I can't speak to whether this suffers from the translation to screen, but on its own, it's a wonderful film. The acting is top notch and the dialogue is crackling (crackling!). When I wasn't laughing, I was squirming in my seat, just barely resisting the urge to claw myself with pleasure. How's that for a favorable review? Oh, and there's lots of homos and homo-eroticism. Thank me later, kiddos!

Oooh, and I also developed an insta-crush on the Middle Eastern looking mofo two rows in front who had the most charming laugh, of such a sexy volume and timbre, and indicating he was smart enough to get it (and me, if we're being honest here). Was it just me and him laughing out loud? Mmmmm, getting jokes together is hotness. Sigh.

And never mind me, you have a WONDERFUL holiday! If you're so inclined. And if you're not? So inclined, I mean, then I think this might help a little. If you're anything like me, it'll help a lot. If only I'd seen that sooner. (link via the divine fourfour)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! I love great dialogue. Just added to the Netflix list. (I doubt it will be in theaters anywhere around me, but I'll look)

It hardly feels like Christmas down here (FL)...it's about 80 everyday! It's a tough adjustment, but I'll get through it. :)

The happiest of holidays to you, too!

Michael said...

80F....yes, yes, I suppose you'll manage, Maddie. Did you ever get that Larson-tinged Christmas tune I sent? Have a wonderful holiday and a great New Year in your new place!

freakgirl said...

Wow. That video was perfection.

Merry Merry, ya'll!

Michael said...

I know, right? And I have YOU to thank for my newfound adoration of La Bush. Ummmm.....

Anyway, back atcha, baby!

The Other Andrew said...

How have I never heard of this? How have I never heard of THIS? I am of the zeitgeist, you know, normally.

Thanks for heads up.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of getting it...

Was it just "me and him" laughing out loud.

:)

Michael said...

Oops. Thanks!