Sunday, July 01, 2007

Falling slowly, eyes that know me, and I can't go back

I saw Once Friday night. ::melts:: You have to see this movie, kids. I've linked this video of its stars, Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova, to whet your appetite. It's a key song in the movie and here they sing it live at Sundance. I don't want to oversell this movie because it's actually just lovely and small and quiet, but it's SO romantic and real and moving. I'm right now in love with both the leads. So charming, both. It's a musical of sorts, but not in the "burst into song" way...more like the movie is centered around these songs. I'm not saying it's the best thing I've seen, but there are moments of sublime. Does love come around more than once? And is it more important than life and responsibilities?

If it comes around your parts, go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone's an ol' softie.