Friday, March 21, 2008
All these places had their moments
Greetings from enchanting Vancouver! A few thoughts on my travel day as I begin my week-long sabbatical from the daily grind:
1. Never travel without personal video. I loaded up some movies and tv on my iPod and the five hours from Atlanta to Van were over in a snap. I usually read, which is probably better for me, but when I do that for hours on a plane, I invariably do that head-snapping falling asleep thing, which I think is not so good for me. PS? August Rush makes not a lick of sense, and still I cried. What I should have been crying about is that this movie is so manipulative and dumb, that I felt assaulted after. You should totally watch it.
2. The other item of note from the long flight is that the dude across the aisle was all that is good and right and true in a man. Not classically handsome, and you might not even find him attractive (except for his legs...not one of you has the power to resist his legs), but I wanted to use his body and head as a playground. Anyway, beyond small talk there was not much interaction, except all the smiling as we constantly made eye contact. And he was always standing up to stretch, so when I wasn't looking into his eyes, I was looking at the glorious mounds of his ass. Anyway, that was it. He was so totally out of my league, that I contented myself with dreamy admiration from afar. Funny thing is, we'd barely spoken, but had spent so much time nodding and smiling, that when we ran into each other again at customs, he a native, me a foreign visitor, I winked and waved. He laughed. This kind of sums up much of my life with men.
3. Debby, who's practically my sister, and totally one of my best friends and hag, got the iPod Touch AND the MacBook Air. I hate her sometimes. She also co-owns this 5,000 square foot home nestled in the Garibaldi mountains (Cascade range? I'll have to ask) with stunning views of Howe Sound, where I'm sitting as I type this.Despite my hate, trust that she and I will snuggle up in bed and watch Enchanted at some point.
4. I'm wearing my new glasses, and they are kind of big and plastic and dorky (just like me!). Seriously, I'm thinking of breaking them just so I can masking tape the bridge. I love 'em. Just kind of worried they're not gay enough. They're by Zegna, who I have no clue about.
5. So it looks like a shopping and wandering day today. Fourth Street in Vancouver has some places I love. Sophie's Cosmic Cafe, The Comics Shop, lululemon athletica, LUSH. Oh golly...I just got the tinglesack.
More later, and maybe I'll finally deflower that Flip video camera. Ta!
UPDATE: I was SO excited about taking little videos (see: I've mentioned it 4-5 times), but I just finished unpacking and the FLIP was either lost en route, or it's still sitting on the counter in my kitchen. BLARG.