1. I slept in. Can 6:30A be deemed "sleeping in?" I watched a few episodes of Angel off the TiVo (I'm watching the entire series run again on TNT....right now Cordelia is the Princess of Pylea......oh, and break me off a piece of Groosalugg, will ya?), then picked up the Sunday paper and read it while sipping this fab spiced coffee from Trader Joe's. No, it's not FLAVORED coffee, they just throw the spices in. There's cinnamon and cloves and peppercorns and I'm not sure what else. It's del.
2. I decided my bedding needs something. I wasn't sure what, but I thought if I browsed it would come to me. The black and tones of grey motif was great in my old bedroom with its white pepper walls and white picture molding. This new place of mine is a veritable SEA OF CARAMEL. Seemed soothing at first, but now I know I'm not a BATHED IN CARAMEL guy. Anyway, are you seeing chocolate and grey together everywhere like I am? I picked up a great striped pillow at west elm. Now I just need the right shams.
3. I lunched on a mouth-wateringly good salad, rife with pears and pecans and an insouciant cherry vinaigrette. Do you mind restaurant dining alone? If I have something good to read, I'm fine with it. I finished My Lucky Star by Joe Keenan over lunch. It's a scream. The blurbs are peppered with "P.G. Wodehouse" and "Preston Sturges" and "Noel Coward" and at least 50% of the main characters are hilarious and catty queers. 'Nuff said.
4. I ran five miles at a comfortable pace listening mostly to Mika. I'm torturing myself with Mika because, in a fit of fiscal responsibility, I bailed out on seeing him in NYC on Saturday. And now Freakgirl has apprised me of the concert details and they are KILLING ME. Blarg!
5. I felt a thorough, relaxed cleansing was in order, so I did an energizing Vitamin C peel on my face, and then soaked for 20 minutes in a steaming bath redolent of the seaside.
6. There's nothing like sushi for dinner to leave me feeling both LIGHT and NOURISHED. And breathing free (I lean toward excess on the wasabi).
7. I finished off the night with more reading--a few magazines and The Omnivore's Dilemma. Anyone read it? Not my usual fare, but it comes highly recommended.
There then. Just a typical Super Bowl Sunday, right? I'm sure my dad did something similar.