Friday, June 27, 2008

Girrrrrrrrrrrrrl!

Another day at Wimbledon, another upset. Maria Sharapova went down to her 154th ranked countrywoman, Alla Kudryavtseva, yesterday. No big deal, as I'm not a huge Sharapova fan, but this match did provide my favorite tennis press conference quote of the week (the year? ever?). Sharapova debuted this daring look at the start of the fortnight.I say daring because this is the hallowed halls of tradition we're talking about. Wimbledon. Shorts! Tuxedo-styled shirt! Why, it's positively androgynous. Anyway, here's a choice tidbit from Kurdyavtseva after the match:
I don't like her outfit. It's a little too much of everything. ...It was one of the motivations to beat her.

You don't hear that in NASCAR.

Oh, and Andy Roddick lost as well, which I will use as an excuse to post a picture of him shirtless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ivanovic and Blake, too!

Poor James never seems to get very far at Wimbledon. I love him. :-(

I'm unimpressed by Sharapova and her tuxette.