- Mika- Life In Cartoon Motion: I think I've raved enough about this disk, but I do love every song on it. So theatrical, which, as you'll see, seems to be the current theme. (Like it's not always the theme, right?)
- Scissor Sisters- Ta-dah: Can they do wrong? Maybe, but not yet.
- Lily Allen- Alright, Still: I've had this one for six months or so (thanks to my girl in the know), but it's only been in the last few months where I finally GOT it. It was always there, under my nose, but things have their time, you know? So funny, so snarky, so enjoyable.
- Regina Spektor- Begin To Hope: I bought this one last weekend after picking it up and putting it down a dozen times over the last few weeks. Fidelity brought me in, but On The Radio owns me.
- The Format- Dog Problems: I found this band over at Chez Freakgirl as well, thanks to my straight boyfriend, Chuck. Quirky, fun, fascinating instrumentation and the lead singer's voice has infected me. Listen to Time Bomb or Oceans and just try to keep from singing along. Hook-laden heaven.
- The Shins- Wincing the Night Away: My love is usually laser-focused on one target (I guess you could say I'm a one band man....ha!), and I'm beholden to Mika, but these guys have my eye straying. I want to fall into this disk and drown. I've pulled up lyrics for every song. Claw myself with pleasure much? Yeah-huh.
Born on a desert floor, you've the deepest thirst,
And you came to my sweet shore to indulge it,
With the wan and dreaming eyes of an orphan,
But there is not enough,
There is not enough.
Friday, February 23, 2007
And you come to my sweet shore to indulge it
I've had a quiet week. I've been sleeping a whole lot. I guess I needed it. Now I feel like getting out....jump in the car and see where I end up. Ju wanna ride shotgun? Here's what's spinning in the CD changer: