Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Promises are made to be broken

Today, I broke a longstanding vow not to be that old man in the neighborhood who does yard work without a shirt on. I know, I know, nobody needs to see that, but it's frigging HOT and I have dozens of trees and shrubs to trim, OK? One consolation is that I live on a cul-de-sac, so the scope of the visual affront was mostly limited to resident traffic. And it's not like Abby hasn't seen ol' Sumner naked, so she should be relatively inured, but it's Valene I worry about. Hasn't she been through enough?

8 comments:

Moominmama said...

oh for fuck's sake, you're young and cut and verile, so it's ok. but when your chest hair turns grey and your summer wardrobe consists of plaid shorts and white shoes with black calf-socks, THEN it's time to keep the shirt on! :-)

Michael said...

You had to bring up grey chest hair?

Michael said...

But young, cut and virile, I'll take. You sure you're not in the 'hood?

Moominmama said...

whatev. you probably wax anyway. ;-p

and sorry, i'm still in brizzle.

abnitude said...

valene is always on the edge anyway..you ca do what you want in front of her and convince her she didnt see it anyway. you just to have to stay away from betsy and bobby..they will be your downfall.

Michael said...

Word. Those bitches were never right after being sold on the black market as babies.

BTW, didn't Val name Bobby in honor of Gary's dead brother Bobby, only Bobby wasn't really dead, it was just a dream, so was...oh hell.....

freakgirl said...

And no sandals with socks, ok thx.

Michael Guy said...

My Dad wore his golf shoes to mow. Said it aerated(sp?) the lawn. I think he just wanted to be ready for the links when he finished mowing. I was in charging of hosing the sidewalk and driveway. I was good with a hose.