Wednesday, July 27, 2005

My name is, my name is, my name is

I don't fear death in the least. I don't fear cancer or infarct of any kind. I do, however, have a morbid and distracting fear of mental incapacity. It's not completely irrational because it is a scary prospect. I live alone and work for myself, so it might be a while before anyone notices. It might be a slow imperceptible slide of buying crap on eBay, no one the wiser, and then one day, finally, the precipitous drop-off to full dementia when I dissolve my pension plan in a donation to the RNC.
Just writing that made the short hairs stand on end. And we're not talking neck hairs, cuz I don't allow those. Fag, remember?

8 comments:

freakgirl said...

Don't worry. When we all get old and nutty, we'll all live together in one house and my niece will take care of us.

Anonymous said...

Now, there's a reality TV show. Retirement FreakHomo House.
-Jen

freakgirl said...

Quick, someone pitch it to Bravo!

Michael said...

Now that idea makes senility not seem so bad. We have to share a room, Jen. I mean, I have ALL the Indigo Girls CDs.

Michael said...

Bravo, of course. Good call.

Anonymous said...

Now if only you could remember where you put them...
;)
-Jen

Michael said...

I'm laughing but I can't remember why.

The Other Andrew said...

Indigo Girls' "Galileo" is one of my favourite songs! (Sometimes I think I'm a lesbyterian trapped in a gay man's body.)

So anyway, what was I talking about?...