Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Summer, summer, summer, it turns me upside down

It's been so hot here that at 5:00 this morning, as I was packing my bag for the gym, a sleeveless T seemed like a perfectly acceptable selection. Funny that by noon, when it was time to don said gay apparel, it was so woefully unacceptable. This is the reason I need a man. He would have told me, "Honey, it's fine in the house or maybe mowing the yard or certainly when running outdoors on that trail, but never, never, never in the gym." Well, that's one reason I need him.

On a more positive summer tip, the little cafe' I hit for a quick lunch was grilling sweet corn (!), or roastin' ears in the parlance of my country youth. It was swollen and succulent and delicious. Really delicious. I can still taste it. You know where this is going, right? Yep, some of it's still in my teeth.

5 comments:

The Other Andrew said...

Few people can pull-off the sleeveless T (although thankfully some can). I'm sure you're in that camp Michael E, and are just being modest, but then in my head you are beyond hot.

I however eschew the sleevless T for fear of the flabby underarm scenario known affectionately in Australia as a) Shopping Trolley Arms, b) Bingo Wings or c) Fadoobadahs.

Michael said...

"but then in my head you are beyond hot."

In mine, too, Andrew.
"Bingo wings" is an instant classic.

Michael said...

I pack at 5A, Maggie, and then hit the gym for the sweaty nooner. The showers after, so woefully full of old man flap, are an effective appetite suppressant for lunch.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your comments there Andrew, not everyone looks good in a sleeveless T-shirt.

But I can assure you that Rabbit indeed "makes this look good". For that very reason, The Kid and I have bought him countless just said articles of clothing. And Spring is just around the corner here again in Sydney.

Yaaaaaayyyyyy!!

I can't imagine him ever getting up at 5am to go to the gym, but he will get up even earlier to go to the beach. Sometimes, I have even been known to go along to the beach with him. Mind his stuff and all that. Oh my Brad, is there anything hotter than seeing a buffed surfer walk out of the sea dripping wet, to then slowly towell and strip of his westuit to reveal hot boardies?

Nah? Didn't think so.

** sigh **

Anyways, I digress. Mikey, sweetie, nice to finally be here officially (comment wise) at your blog.

Bodhi :-)
Sydney, Australia

Michael said...

I almost asked you what "hot boardies" are, but I think I got it. That wetsuit stripped to the waist image has some powerful mojo. I had luck or Brad on my side when I used to dive because I was always driven to distraction on the boat by all that neoprene pulled down to the happy trail, but still stretched over the hard round ass. Yeah, I did look good in that.
Glad to have you, Bodhi.