Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Feeling angry, but you don't know why

John Stewart on Mel Gibson

I just love this so much. And I don't loathe Mel Gibson or anything, but I never did care much for him either. Lethal Weapon? One was one too many. OK, I'll admit he's been dead to me since he said he fears that people think he's gay because he's an actor. Idiot. Now, the damage control has begun. He's full of mea culpas. He's got a drinking problem and all my best to him getting over it. However, he can apologize all he wants, drunk or not, when you say "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world", that's not just the liquor talkin'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Jon Stewart. He has such a way of pointing out the ridiculous.

Ever since I heard about his homophobia and extreme right-wing thinking, I've not been a fan. In his movies and his personal life, he's always come across as a macho asshole to me.

I like this quote from Matt Mitovich at tvguide.com: "'I am not a bigot,' he (Mel Gibson) wrote in a statement circulated by his publicist. 'Hatred of any kind goes against my faith.' (Hmm... where was all that disarming tolerance when he was busy verbally gay-bashing a few years back?)"

P.S. I found a house in FL!!

Jen said...

Heh, Gibson's such a douchebag.

Hey Maddie, congrats on the house. Don't feed the alligators, and remember, the native Floridians are all batshit insane. That's all you need to know -- well, that and a few key Spanish curse words and you'll do just fine. :)

Michael Guy said...

Mel's star is fast fading. I never understood what the world saw in him anyway. I also recall some anti-gay remark--years ago regarding some award recognition, his comment: "I'm as happy as a fag on a submarine..." I'm paraphrasing perhaps. But that was the gist of the remark. I'd also venture to suggest that it's a very safe bet that as the years go along...and as Mel becomes the ol' white-haired douche bag that made 'that jesus movie'...he won't be in line for the Irving Thalberg merit award at the OSCARS.

Michael said...

Well, once you offend the gays and Jews in Hollywood, who else have you got? Only problem is that, like Bush, he'll still have Middle America.

Michael said...

Maddie, what?! You found a house already? Spill (via email if necessary).