Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?

Sometimes I worry I'm leaving the impression that I hate Christians. I really don't. OK, well, some of them who aim to restrict my basic human and civil rights I don't like so much. And those who live their lives so far removed from the basic tenets that Christ espoused....I don't like them either. The rest of you are alright, though! A little juvenile in your willingness to be caught up in flimsy myths, but otherwise totally cool. Oh dear. This isn't coming out right. You know who says it so it's clear as a bell and funny as hell? Sarah Vowell. You really owe it to yourself to check out her take on Christianity, Martin Luther King, Jr., and American politics.

5 comments:

Michael said...

Christian atheist. I like it.

Ur-spo said...

Ms. Vowell is fantastic; i have learned more history from her than anywhere else.

Michael said...

You laugh AND learn!

Mel said...

I always said I'd have most loved to kick back and have a beer with Molly Ivins. With Molly gone, I think it's hands down Ms. Vowell.

Michael said...

I think I'd be tongue-tied. She's whipsmart.