Sunday, January 13, 2008

What's that smell?

I'm not fond of those blog posts where people detail their sickness. How bad I'm feeling and the state of my various orifices and their concomitant secretions/excretions is none of your concern. I will tell you that I've spent the day unshowered while watching Bring It On and its sneakily subversive sequels, Bring It On Again, and Bring It On: All or Nothing. I know what you're thinking. "But Mike, there's another one!" Bitch, please. Bring It On: In It to Win It was just cashing in and is an insult to the artistry of the first three.

Oh, and I'm living in my own filth.

5 comments:

sam said...

i am so turned on right now. also, i would like to state that there was only one true Bring It On. the others are "that smell."

freakgirl said...

The other sequels put the "lewd" in "deluded."

Anonymous said...

Wow, still sick? That must be a bitch of a cold. Get well soon!

BTW - I took your recommendation saw Atonement yesterday - holy cow, I really liked it, but what a tragedy. I had to go watch something light and happy after that to shake the completely depressed feeling. It was full of long pauses and no dialogue, but for me anyway, I think that just added to the gravity of what was happening, like it let everything sink in.

That long shot on the beach just takes your breath away, it was amazing. That kind of continuous shot was what Joe Wright used in the party scene in P&P, one of my favorite shots.

So he did the book justice? The way the scenes were written (with the 2 views - I don't want to give anything away) and the end twist, I bet that was a challenge. It was clear to me, and a really clever way to get what was happening across.

jason said...

You tempt the gods with the taunt, "Bring it on"

...and what do you expect them to do but "Bring it?"

Get thee to an altar with some Bratz dolls, a pom pom and some chicken grease and all will be better soon.

freakgirl said...

and a Spirit Stick.