Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A one way ticket out of my life

OK, it's actually a roundtripper, but I just booked passage to the Great White North for Easter. Does it get any better than Vancouver with the Jews for a Christian holiday? No, sir, it does not. I haven't skied in forever and I'm developing serious withdrawal. Would that be delirium tree-runs, then?

So I was just watching Bourdain do his No Reservations thing through Vancouver, kind of gearing myself up, and I now have a new goal in life. Ladies, faux ladies, and TBD, I give you the Japadog.WANT.

9 comments:

Mel said...

Color me jealous. I haven't been to Van in 11 1/2 years, and it's about time for another visit.

Michael said...

You're due, Mel!

We've been going there to ski in the spring for the last four or five years. LOVE IT. As awesome as Whistler is, I think I enjoy the days off exploring Vancouver just as much. I could totally live there (and MAY should Huckabee be elected).

Moominmama said...

is that seaweed on that hot dog??? EW! i don't object to seaweed in principle, but it's too salty for me. tastes like spunk.

Michael said...

tastes like spunk.

That's like an endorsement around here, doll.

yani said...

I cannot begin to tell you the number of things wrong with that hotdog...

It's just wrongity wrong wrong...

Michael said...

Teriyaki sauce, wasabi mayo, Japanese seaweed and fried onions on a 100% beef hot dog.....are you kidding me? That's heaven on a meat tube.

Anonymous said...

go to Han's restaurant on Robson Street. A unique and busy chinese restaurant, and the only one where I have had three or four members of staff argue (berely in english, as we speak no chinese) that we ordered a particular dish that we didn't. It was hilarious, not the painful service problem that it kinda sounds like.

Michael said...

Han's. Check!

Thanks for the heads up, Chips. I'm always up for something new, and I need some ammo to knock my friends out of their TRIED AND TRUE rut. Any other recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Michael said...

It's like the delirium tremens that accompany acute alchohol withdrawal, only it's skiing so it's delirium tree-runs. See? Oh, forget it.