Thursday, April 13, 2006

It's the devil that needs ya, so go out and play

With me gone for the next two Fridays, what are you going to do for protein? I feel bad that you'll be missing my rich mix, so I'm offering an early helping. Have I done Robbie Williams already? Mmmm. Give me a moment. To have done Robbie Williams. Anyway, who cares if I have? If anyone deserves Meat Friday redux, it's this cheeky monkey. He's always got a smirk on his face and often has his John Thomas hanging out. What's not to love? He's really been on my mind this week, thanks to freakgirl, who shared his Swing When You're Winning with me. I was a HUGE fan before, but honestly, this is my favorite thing he's done. Great duets on some old standards and I've never shied from admitting I'm a showtune queen. Same goes for the classics from Cole Porter and Gershwin et al. Robbie does these tunes justice, singing the hell out of them with just the right touch of camp. Check out his website for the lil' blog he's got going. Here's an excerpt:
12/01/2006: On swearing
"You daft bastard" is a favorite of mine at the mo....Incredible cos if you break it down it means....You are weak minded and you don't know who your father is....Which is a bit extreme say if someone's spilt their tea or misplaced their keys.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice choice. I have a weakness for tall, dark, handsome men that like to take their pants off. :)

Suggestion for next meat Friday - Josh Hartnett - just saw Lucky Number Slevin (which was so good). Spends the first 20 minutes or so of the movie in a just a towel. He wears it very well.

freakgirl said...

Mmmm, thanks for the helping of Robbie!

freakgirl said...

Here's a little tidbit for ya, Michael. When we saw him live, he walked onstage with his pants unbuttoned, strutting around with his pelvis leading the way. I think I blacked out after that.

Michael said...

Maddie, I like the way you/I think! I'll take Herr Hartnett under advisement.

Freakgirl, you just made it move (walked onstage with his pants unbuttoned) and me laugh (I think I blacked out after that). I MUST see him someday. Where did you?

savante said...

Freakgirl is right. His concerts are wild!

paul

freakgirl said...

We saw him at a concert to close the Tribeca Film Festival a few years ago. He was part of a bunch of people (Jewel, Sean Paul, The Roots, Norah Jones) so he only did about five songs. Totally worth it, though.

Bodhi said...

So unimpressed, but so in awe
Such a saint, but such a whore
So self-aware, so full of shit
So indecisive, so adament


The Kid and I have seen His Robbie-ness twice in concert now. And later this year, you can make that three times. Robbie and Kylie, we just can't help ourselves. I just don't know how to quit them ...

He is a Rock God. I am so ready to kneel in adoration and supplication at his feet and ... ummmmm ... well you can probably guess the rest ;-)