Friday, July 07, 2006

A distant ship's smoke on the horizon

It's been a long time for most folks, but the absence of Six Feet Under is still fresh for me. Will I ever stop watching that last segment of the final episode? I know I promised to shutup about it. My excuse is that Peter Krause has been Emmy-nominated for his amazing performance as Nate Fisher. Well, the accolades continue unabated, because now he's the FRIDAY MEAT. The writing on SFU was awesome, but Krause wrung every emotion there is out of that role, didn't he? Nate was a complex character, a wild child who always tried to make everyone else happy. As played by Krause, you either wanted to hang out with him, or do him, or be him. Or, if you're like me, all three. I love all three of these pictures of him. The first one is from Sundance . Roll out of bed and throw on a toque is a GOOD look for him. The middle one is from SFU. I was always charmed by his interaction with the girl(s) who played his TV daughter. And he just looks so J.Crew scrubbed clean All-American in this last one. Plus, I mean, he supports the Komen Foundation, too? Dreamy. On a personal tangent, I vowed that I'd never run a marathon again (SO time consuming, yo), but I've lately been considering a run to raise money for Komen, so don't be surprised if I hit you up. NOTE: The title lyric (you know ALL the titles are lyrics, right?) is from Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb. NARM!

11 comments:

freakgirl said...

:: claps ::

I just saw him on an old episode of 90210 the other day. Trippy! He was dating Ohndrea Zuckerman. I think he was a Republican. Ew.

Michael Guy said...

Ditto on the 'all three' sentiment. I am swooning over your meat choice today. Lurrve me some Peter. Krause.

Michael said...

Freakgirl, glad you like! (Knew you would) "Ohndrea" cracked me up. Would you believe I never saw that show? Not that episode. The whole show.

Michael, oh boy, you are bucking for a Best Punctuation In A Comment nom, aren't you? I'll say it again. He's a dream. I watched the final season DVD extras and in the interviews he's intelligent, funny, charming......sigh.

Earl said...

But Keith was the Big Black Sex Cop .... where's the love for him?

Michael said...

Oh, silly boy. You haven't been around here long then, have you? ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/nsxu8

freakgirl said...

You've never seen 90210?

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to re-evaluate our relationship.

Michael said...

I know. I mean, I'd see it ON, but I never sat down and watched a single episode through. I never saw a complete episode of Sex and the City either. Or The Sopranos, but at least I have the "no HBO" excuse to fall back on with those. There. Well, we had a good run while it lasted, didn't we?

freakgirl said...

Yeah, we did. :)

If you get SoapNet, it's on twice a day. I'm just sayin'.

The Other Andrew said...

Yuuuuuuum! Ich liebe Krause.

He had a couple of cameo performances on Sybill too didn't he? The sexed up dumb football jock the daughter was dating. I'm sure it was him.

Michael said...

And of course the gone too soon "Sports Night." Did y'all have that Down Under?

Ja, ja, ja! Ich liebe Krause. Und dich.

(du?)

The Other Andrew said...

I prefer "dich", even if it isn't grammatical like. I'm a fan of dich. Dich and I go waaay back.

Oh, Ich auch big guy.