Monday, July 24, 2006

My psychic told me she have a ass like Serena

Baby got back. Shit. Serena got back, forth, and back again. I checked her out on Saturday as she made her tennis comeback at the small Tier 3 event here in Cincinnati. She hasn't played tournament tennis in about six months as she recovered from some injury or other. It was the first time I'd seen her LIVE and she is an imposing specimen. One of her thighs is like my waist. Her game? Rough. I realize she's gonna be rusty after all the time off, but now, as always, I question the limited coaching the Williams sisters employ (i.e. their father and mother). Serena has all the power she needs, but if you don't have control of it or some strategy or brains behind it, you ain't got shit. Just ask Bush. She sprayed forehands EVERYWHERE but in the court and went down easy to a young Russian, Vera Zvonareva. Zvonareva deserves a lot of credit, though. She's a tough player and produced some flawless tennis. Her first set unforced errors? Zero (and six total for the match). Serena's? 19 (and 34 total for the match). Don't get me wrong. I wish Serena only the best. I think her influence on US tennis has been overwhelmingly positive. I was also incredibly pleased at the diverse crowd she drew to the tennis center this weekend. I've been going to the men's tournament for at least ten years and this was a whole other group. Refreshing. And the two hilariously vocal ladies who shared my 1st row box were WAY more entertaining than the match. Even THEY could see that Serena was falling off her forehand. I would love to see her hire a former pro as a stroke and strategy doctor. Brad Gilbert? Martina? With all that said, if she can gain a little confidence and start hitting through her forehand, she'll be a threat at the US Open.

5 comments:

Michael Guy said...

Okay. Did you photoShop her azz...cause I ain't never seen nothing like that Miss Celie. No way. Day-um! Baby got junk in the trunk!

Earl said...

I'm at a loss for words....

Michael said...

MG, that's ALL Serena. GaDUNKadunk.

Michael said...

Earl, might I suggest you simply quote Ali and Murphy then?

But baby got back like mace got spray
You know the bourgeois type, ass boombastic
Maybelline queen, titties all plastic


It wouldn't be totally accurate, though, since like her ass, Serena's titties (that word doesn't roll off my keyboard any easier than off my tongue for some reason) are decidedly real.

Michael said...

Those thighs could crack me like a walnut.