- Wasn't So Long, Farewell just begging to be remixed? Being a showtune fag, I say, "Yes, sir!" link via towleroad
- I wanna share a snippet from the book I'm reading, The Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore: Mavis was always in the Christmas spirit, right down to the Christmas-tree earrings that she wore year-round to give her that "new-car smell." A sheaf of mistletoe the size of a moose head hung over the order station at her bar, and throughout the season, any unsuspecting drunk who leaned too far over the bar to shout his order into one of Mavis's hearing aids would find that beyond the fluttering black nylon whips of her mascara-plastered pseudo lashes, behind the mole with the hair and the palette knife-applied cakes of Red Seduction lipstick, past the Tareyton 100s breath and the clacking dentures, Mavis still had some respectable tongue action in her. One guy, breathless and staggering toward the door, claimed that she had tongued his medulla oblongata and stimulated visions of being choked in Death's dark closet--which Mavis took as a compliment. If you like that, pick up this book or for even better Moore, get Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal.
- I understand why people are comforted by the concept of an omnipotent god, but me, I'd rather take my chances with hard work and blind luck. That's more comforting to me than thinking god might want me to die tomorrow and there's nothing I can do. I've been thinking about luck a lot since seeing Match Point over the weekend (review to come...can you hardly wait?!).
- Twice today I've said "If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it" to people. Is that trite already? Anyway, there was no recognition. None. Do you see why I'm always hanging with you people online? There's a desolation 'round these parts, and it's cultural. Well, except for Diana's dresses stopping at the DAI. That is culture, isn't it? >
- Every day, I struggle with myself over buying one of these. It'd be engraved with "No day but today" Rent-stizz. Speaking of that, Rent is out on DVD today. The 2-disc special edition should be on its way to Casa ME shortly.
- Let's see. Musicals? Check. Princess Diana? Check. Conspicuous consumption? Check. Yeah. This post is officially gay enough.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
But sometimes don't you just crave to disappear within your mind?
Some detritus (now with MORE flotsam!) from the stagnant pool that is my mind: