Friday, February 17, 2006

There's an, oh, such a hungry yearning burning inside of me

It's Friday mid-afternoon as I write this. Lunch was hours ago. I did an upper body routine in the gym today, so not particularly hornified, but I am a lil' peckish. Anyone care to join me for some meat? You (and I) can thank Andrew for this week's cut. Earlier in the week he listed his fantasy shags du moment and the man before you, Justin Theroux, was on that list. I thought I'd only seen him in Six Feet Under when he played Brenda's put-upon bf for part of a season, until I looked around and realized he was in Mulholland Drive and American Psycho and many tv shows, including Alias and Ally McBeal. It was when he played Brenda's bf, though, that he tingled that spot. You know the one. Base of the brainstem and whatnot. Center of our most BASE functions. Speaking of his ass (we were, right?)(you focus on it so hard it makes your neck hurt), if you do a Google image search on him, you'll find screen caps of it from that SFU season.OK. You back? Nice, wasn't it? Lately, it seems that after I've objectified a man on Friday, he's exponentially HAWWTER for me by the next week. First there was Taye, and now Daniel Craig. A special thanks to those of you who recommended him in Layer Cake. I can't decide if he's FOO-INER in a suit or out. By all indications, he's gonna ROCK the next Bond movie. In my case, I'm speaking specifically of one indication. Layer Cake is a really good flick, yo, but the DVD brings to mind one of the things I HATE about that format. Alternate endings. Is it childish of me that I wanna believe in a specific ending? THIS is how it happened. I don't want to see that the director toyed with completely different endings, possibly until weeks before the movie is released. No. And yet I always watch them and leave a bit frustrated.

While I'm waxing nonsensical/aimlessly, can we talk about how much we're loving Johnny Weir? I have to admit, at the risk of my club membership being downgraded, that I've had no interest in figure skating previously. Yeah, I know, the women are catty and the men are round-assed, but it was all just too predetermined for me. Til now. I know many people (and even many homos) have a problem with such a man/girl, but I think he's smashing. He wore a fucking swan outfit on the ice, people! With a red glove for the beak. When he took an interviewer shopping and the was asked for an extra half hour of his time, he replied, "I got all day, honey." Refreshing. He missed his bus and flamed out in the free skate, but he's already made his mark. Rock on, sista-man. Check out his online profile- a little redolent of X-tina for my taste, but he loves The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, too!

7 comments:

freakgirl said...

Justin Theroux makes me all tingly inside. God, he's a beautiful man. Yum.

As for Johnny Weir, I had no idea he even existed until I noticed him getting a ton of attention in the blogosphere. He's Bobby Trendy on ice, yo.

Steve said...

I posted a pic of Johnny today, too. Some people aren't feelin' me, but I think he's dreamy!

savante said...

Damn. Justin was hot and I should be watching more Olympic games.

Paul

The Other Andrew said...

I think Freakgirl called it, "He's Bobby Trendy on ice, yo." I always thought that fire and ice didin't mix, but there was a whole lotta flaming going on! Actually, good on him though. I mean, be yourself dude. If you want to wear a swan, wear a swan. Bjork approved fashion.

Oh, by the way. Mister Justin Theroux and I are pleased to announce our impending nuptials. A small tasteful ceremony. On the beach, at sunset. Justin's off seeing Tom (Ford) right now in fact, getting fitted for his white linen pants. Frankly it worries me though, Tome gets a bit handsy at times.

Michael said...

Steve, he am what he am. You gotta respect that. I don't necessarily wanna do him, but I'd love to shop with him, go for coffee with him, critique strangers with him....

Congrats on the nuptuals, A. So it's open season on that ballet dude?

Paul, Justin is de hawtness. Face, body, 'you know I'm a wild fuck' sensibility. It goes on.

xiaoxia said...

I first saw Theroux in one of the Charlie's Angels movies and I immediately fell in love (despite his AWFUL accent in the movie).

Johnny Weir--love him! He is very high on my list of "gay men I want to marry." So fabulous!

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?