- I toy with the image that I'm forever lounging around my place in 2xist boxers and tanks, but that's not reality. Maybe a few times a week, max. This weekend I decided I needed to replace the t-shirts that I normally wear under my work clothes. I hate doing that chiefly because the new 'generous cut' they all offer doesn't fit me at all unless I'm ever shooting for 'bunched up in my drawers'. I don't want generous. Let's stop speaking in code, guys. The 'extra length' is for extra gut, right? I don't need it. I have the hardest time finding cotton t-shirts (don't like the spandex-y ones) that feel comfortable under my clothes. The crosses I have to bear, right? So this weekend, I had the genius idea to buy MEDIUM instead of LARGE of the Tommy Hilfiger t-shirts that were on sale. A little tight across the shoulders, but otherwise perfect. Well, it would have been genius had I thought of it maybe five years ago.
- Will you allow me to sound incredibly old for a moment? Spanks. Where has common courtesy gone? I've been going to lots of movies lately (two more this weekend, which I'll just HAVE to review at some point....was that a sharp intake of anticipatory breath I heard?). The manners people exhibit are just horrendous. I mentioned a few weeks ago about the chatty old folks and this weekend wasn't any better. In one show a 50 something crunchy type in fleece and Birkenstocks with socks (natch) pulls a paper grocery sack o' popcorn from under her coat and proceeds to feedbag it around her face area. Imagine how quiet that was. She sates herself eventually, concluding with a slow rolling down of the bag. 'Finally", I think. A minute passes before she starts zipping and unzipping her fanny pack (ugh!). She's not getting anything. Just zipping/unzipping it over and over. I finally moved with a passive-aggressive and totally ineffectual deep sigh and plunked myself down next to a couple who turned out to be a pair of 'let's share our thoughts extemporaneously for all to enjoy' pair of turds. This may be the end of my movie going for a while. Can you make it?
- If we were together, you'd have to keep me from picking up a double espresso on the way home from the cineplex, as I am wont to do. That is unless you wouldn't mind being awakened at about 3:00 AM by my boner of steel pressing into your back.
- My life outside of work for the last six months or so (my blogging life) appears to be a series of vignettes involving movie-going, vacations and shopping. My question is this-- where's all the fucking? Oh well, I did find some FABULOUS frames over the weekend. I JUST bought glasses last year, but shouldn't one have a few pairs for different occasions/looks/outfits? Even if one only wears glasses for a few hours in the evenings and on Sunday mornings?
- If I finish with a gratuitous shot of some hot Aussie in his underpants, you won't fault me, I trust.
Sunday, February 19, 2006
With your feet in the air and your head on the ground
Where's my mind?