I saw this meme over at A Child Of Atom and thought I had to try it. I dusted off my trusty iPod and started. Some of it is kinda spooky. Is my iPod actually a oUji? Seriously, what follows is what came out. OK, I'll confess that I skipped over any Christmas songs that came up. Is that so wrong? I'm not usually a meme whore, but some of these were post-worthy. If nothing else, feel free to lambaste my taste in music.
The rules are that you set your preferred music player to SHUFFLE and use the songs that come up to answer the following questions. No cheating! (OK, I skipped over the odd Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow! Fucking sue me)
1. How does the world see you? I Just Want To Celebrate by Rare Earth
I just want to celebrate another way of living. Begin the spooky. OK, that may be a stretch. So no surprise that I chill/thrill to horoscopes as well.
2. Will I have a happy life? Jackie Wilson Said (I’m In Heaven When You Smile) by Van Morrison
This is actually one of my "happy songs". I love the lyrics, especially: And when you walk/across the room/you make my heart go/boom-boom-boom/let it all hang out.
3. What do my friends think of me? Natural Bridge Blues by The Waterboys
4. Do people secretly lust after me? Celebration by Kanye West
Grab a drink, grab a glass/after that I'll grab your ass.
5. How can I make myself happy? Jimi Thing by Dave Matthews Band
6. What should I do with my life? Imitation of Life by REM
Since when do memes mock?
7. Will I ever have children? Silver Lining by David Gray
Talk amongst yourselves. ::fans bosom::
8. What is some good advice for me? Don’t Take Your Guns To Town by Johnny Cash
Take that, Ted Nugent. The oUji iPod sees and knows all.
9. How will I be remembered? Mothers Talk by Tears For Fears
I'm fine with that. They invariably love me.
10. What’s my signature dance song? Days Go By by Dirty Vegas
Fairly innocuous except it's paired with the next one.
11. What’s my current theme song? Slip Slidin’ Away by Paul Simon
::shiver:: Spooky again.
12. What do others think my current theme song is? Experiment by Kevin Kline (Delovely Soundtrack)
Cole Porter's double entendre laced paean to sexual freedom. Who? Me?
13. What shall they play at my funeral? The Emperor’s New Clothes by Elton John
And our halos were rusty, but we wore them proudly.
14. What type of men do I like? Put Him In The Hall of Fame by Jill Sobule
15. How’s my love life? Party (Up In Here) by DMX
Well, not every time. I'm actually versatile.
Your biggest surprise? No showtunes.