Wednesday, May 31, 2006

When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine

A while back I was daydreaming (pipedreaming?) about sharing coffee and biscotti with a hottie on the banks of the Arno at sunrise. I know, I know, he's outta my league. You had to burst my bubble? These are some of my favorite pictures from my trip to Firenza a few years (forever) ago. This was the view from my room. I think that's the Ponte Vecchio, but my memory is sometimes a victim of romanticism. Let's throw open the window and drink in the fresh Tuscan air, shall we? While you blow me, of course.Posted by Picasa Upon arriving in Florence, I walked up an alley to my hotel and was greeted by this view. Mmmm, carbineri. Men in uniform. On horses!? Does it get more Italian? Or more hot? This is most definitely the Ponte Vecchio. Shall we sigh together?

10 comments:

Curtis said...

You know . . . you just never know now do you?

Michael Guy said...

How odd: My 'romanticism' is sometimes the victim of my 'memory'.

I suppose throwing open the window to drink in the fresh Tuscan air after a blowjob and biscotti could change that perspective. I'm guessing, mio bambino.

Jen said...

I am endlessly fascinated by the architecture of Europe. I think it's all the history, nothing in the US has history like that.

Anonymous said...

*SIGH* My dream vacation, in picture form. Mmmm. Someday.

My mom is off today on a cruise around Italy and Greece for 2 weeks, which includes 3 days in beautiful Florence. I'm green with envy.

Michael said...

Curtis, you don't do you! Wait. What are we talking about?

MG, memories are tricky business. It'd be fun seeing what kind we could make, bella.

Jen, yep, endlessly fascinating to me, too. Am I standing where fucking Caesar stood? Did Michelangelo walk up this same alley? What was Rafael feeling when he painted from this very spot? Thomas Moore contemplated here. It thrills. Even now just thinking about it.

Michael said...

Maddie, I haven't been to so many places, but Italy is easily my favorite so far. You're just a kid. You'll get there. What's up with your mom not taking you with? ;-)

Anonymous said...

You sure sound like a world-traveler, even if you claim you aren't one so much!

Well, I will be 29 in 17 days. I am still a youngin' I guess. ;)

I've been to Italy already during my Freshman year of college (not Florence, mostly northern Italy and Venice) and lived in Germany when I was a little tiny girl. So, I really can't complain that I haven't been anywhere.

My mom and stepdad usually take me with them on cruises to the caribbean, but this one is a tiny bit expensive to bring the 28-year-old daughter along.

Michael Guy said...

er..it's kinda 'chick flick' but I got watery eyes with "Under the Tuscan Sun" starring Diane Lane. Who doesn't want an Italian fixer-upper with a happy ending?

Michael said...

Who doesn't want an Italian fixer-upper with a happy ending?

MG, it's practically all I can think about lately.

Charlie, kill you? Smother you with sweet, sweet lovin' maybe.

Good night in the mornin' boys, but I smell a Big Gay Road Trip comin' on.

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!!

Is it good quality and is it safe? - http://steroidssupplier.com
Excellent products!!

Thanks bros