Monday, October 17, 2005

Feed me, Seymour, feed me all night long, 'cause if you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong

It's product endorsement time again here at Pipedreams. Shouldn't I be makin' some ends from these? Anyway, I just got back from working out during lunch and I don't have much time (still squeezing in a blog post, natch) so I grabbed a pack of Smart Chili. Have y'all tried this stuff? It's from a company called LightLife and their food is all vegetarian and mostly organic. The chili is really delicious, not just quick, honest, but it does heat in the microwave in a scant two and a half minutes. For those of you on the metric scale, that's 2.5 minutes. It's got a healthy helping of protein and fiber. There's no fat. Just a little too much sodium, but Lord, whaddya want for next to nothing? Grab a handful of baby carrots (awww...they're so cute!) to go with and call it a lunch! Check it out, kids.

7 comments:

freakgirl said...

I like LightLife. Haven't tried the chili yet, but I will now. :)

Michael said...

I haven't tried any of their other stuff, but I will now. It's good...and good for ya!

Michael said...

Ya know, I started off great today. Oatmeal for breakfast, a hardboiled egg for a snack, the Smart Chili and carrots for lunch, a banana for a snack. THEN, after working all damn day, as I pull in tonight, the neighbor (surface sweet but hiding something) approaches and says, "You're looking thin. Here, I made you a Reuben." Evil. I'll never have abs by Christmas if she has her way with me.

The Other Andrew said...

High fibre vegetarian chili... so, America's newest supply of natural gas today Mikey?

Michael said...

I could be an alternative fuel source, curtailing America's continued dependence on foreign oil.

Will said...

You know chili here in Malaysia has a very different meaning...we actually refer to the actual fruit/vegetable which we chop up and eat with our food.

Having said that, I had a bowl of chili at, erm, Chili's Bar & Grill the other day and it was really nice! But I thought it was all mincemeat and stuff. How does one make it vegetarian?

Michael said...

Lots of beans first, and then other unidentified vegetables texturized so as to form a reasonable simulacrum of meat products. Yum!

We use 'chili' to refer to the various peppers as well.