Tuesday, October 04, 2005

They had it coming all along, I didn't do it, but if I'd done it, how could you tell me that I was wrong?

Can you believe it was ten years ago yesterday that the O.J. Simpson verdict came down? Sadly, it's one of those events where most people remember what they were doing when they heard. They estimate that 150 million people watched it live. I'll admit that I became slightly obsessed with this case. I invested way too much time in following it and way too much emotion in the outcome. The monstrous arrogance of that fucking piece of celebrity shit galled me. Sounds like it still galls me, huh? Those two folks who were just trying to live their lives have been dead for over ten years. People were paying O.J. for his autograph yesterday.
Frontline is profiling the case tonight at 9 EST, if you're interested. I can't watch.

4 comments:

freakgirl said...

I remember what I was doing because it was my birthday. My work friends took me to lunch and the verdict was read on the tv while we were eating.

He is such a scumbag.

Michael said...

He is. I was paused over the keyboard for many minutes trying to describe him suitably. I wish I actually believed in hell sometimes.

Will said...

He had it coming
He took a flower
In its prime
And then he used it
And he abused it

Michael said...

If only he would get what he deserves.

Wingedman, for such a young sprite, you have mad skillz with the showtunes!