Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I wanna be in this hoi polloi, so I'll be back for good someday, to make my life and make my way, but for today we'll wander and enjoy

I've written about dissatisfaction with my current work and living situation (a). OK, I've whined about it mostly. Are you going to quibble with me over semantics when I'm exposing myself to you? I've also mentioned my serious travel jonz (b). Well, what better way to deal with (a) than to escape it by wantonly satisfying (b)? Avoidance is my second favorite psychological defense mechanism after all, next to denial. Recently, events are conspiring to force my hand anyway. Who am I to resist the Furies? BTW, the Furies were conceived from the blood of Uranus. A little fun fact for ya.

First up may be a quick trip to NY next month. My beloved baby sister called to tell me her friend will be starring in a long-running Broadway play! She asked me if I would like to meet her in NY to see a musical. Have you heard a stupider question, guys? No, you haven't.

NY is awesome, I know, but if the chips fall right, it's the appetizer. Second up is the full frontal entree. I've written about my pseudo-family before. Remember the kindly band of wandering Jews? Well, the parents have decided to spend the winter in Australia and New Zealand. Just a lil' jaunt to the South(ern Hemisphere), God bless 'em. Well I hear tell they'd LOVE IT if I'd pop in on them for a spell. Again, what's a boy to do but comply?

Facts are that I'm a gainfully employed faggot of a certain age living in a low-rent district (read: rural county, no dependents), so I do have some disposable income. Just one of the untold bonuses of being a sodomite. However, I'm also considering a life-altering change that will severely alter the Engle economy, so if any of you have any tips for preserving my stash on these sojourns, speak up, brothas. There could be touristy chotchkes and/or brief sexual favors in it for ya. My pick.

19 comments:

freakgirl said...

NY? Really? When?

Michael said...

If it happens, it'll be November 11/12.....

freakgirl said...

hmmmm. Keep me posted.

Michael said...

You know the thought of a real-time rendezvous has me a wee bit terrified, right? The internets help me to hide my neuroses.

freakgirl said...

Worry not, my friend. I have plans that weekend anyway, so there is no stress or obligation on your part.

The Other Andrew said...

Michael I can help you save on your budget while you are here in Oz, but my budget won't let me go above $200 for all night, and I have some special requests, m'kay?...

freakgirl said...

You're not totally fucked up. I'm just so used to meeting up with people I've met online that I don't have too much of the weirdness left.

I have a Girls Night planned for Nov. 12th, but maybe we can work something out.

Michael said...

$200 and a predetermined safe word means no request is too special, A.

freakgirl, it's not like I've never met someone from online before, but never a girl ;-), and never someone that I really care about.

freakgirl said...

Aren't you the cutest.

I'm not really a girl. I'm an enigma wrapped in a shroud of mystery. With very large breasts.

Bodhi said...

..any tips for preserving my stash on these sojourns, speak up, brothas. There could be touristy chotchkes and/or brief sexual favors in it for ya. My pick.

Well, purely in the interests of your budget of course, moi is always happy to offer you free accomodation at my place in Sydney. Great location, nicely appointed, close to everything the city has to offer and fab company of couse.

Your pick? Fine. Be that way. Do you prefer the left or right hand side of the bed?

;-)

The Other Andrew said...

Hey I met someone from online, and we all know how that one turned out... hi Bodes! ;-)

Bodhi said...

Fabulous, of course darling! How would you ever have truly lived or even coped without moi in your life?

[Dont answer that Andrew .... no, I don't want it in point form ... not alphabetically either .... stop it, m'kay, you love me, I know you do]

Michael said...

Which side? I wanna be that middle guy that Andrew talked about.

Bodhi said...

Now its answers like that, Mikey, that will make me love you even more. *Sigh*

Michael said...

P.S. I'm a slave to the rhythm, so choose the tunes accordingly.

The Other Andrew said...

Lucky Pierre time!

Bodes, of course I heart you my friend, although every time you do without an apostrophe you drive a tiny dagger into my heart.

Bodhi said...

I heart you too.

Renounce the apostrophe, my Dharma Bro, its a block on your way to ultimate enlightenment.

Grammar is only emptiness, Emptiness only grammar.

:-)

Will said...

HOW did I miss this!

USD3.80= RM1 Beer, boys and beaches.

What mroe could you want from Malaysia?

Michael said...

"USD3.80= RM1 Beer, boys and beaches."

That's almost like a prayer, W.
You're like a one man tourism board. Malaysia is moving up the chart with a bullet.