Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Our house was our castle and our keep

Actual real estate is fixin' to be transacted over at freakgirl and at Confetti in the Wind. Folks be shoppin'. Me? I'm browsing. Rubbernecking. Like all the damn time. I laughed so hard this summer when my sister was visiting and I caught her at Realtor.com even though, like me, she ain't goin' nowhere. We really are two of a kind. Well, she's younger and prettier, but otherwise, identical. How many of you do this? I've house-hunted online in every major city in the US, not to mention the little hidden treasure towns, and hell, even the industrial wasteland shitholes (lofts go cheap there!). It's great fun and a fabulous waste of valuable time. One of the joints I went to check out in the flesh was this little jewel box not far from me with the fabulous backyard and alas, the toidy in the kitchen. Wha? Yep, just to the left of the fridge. You don't see it in the photo. Imagine that. So yeah, some of these places I just have to walk around. I don't make a total nuisance of myself. I only go if they have an open house. For instance, don't you love this kind of place? It's another pipedream of mine to live above my work, old European-stizz. Speaking of which, I have to get back to the whorehouse. Love all y'all! See how I acted like I'm not going to continue surfing around when I'm there?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you're entering very spooky territory, Michael.
Whilst searching Realtor.com (how sad is it that I can punch in the zip codes of my fave little enclaves in the states? :( ) I have a 3-story Lake Como-style little villa with wood floors and a nice courtyard out back in my sights. South-facing front decks on the upper floors. Room for me to work out of the main floor. It's yellow and just begs for overhanging baskets dripping with lush and overblown flowers and vines. Maybe terra cotta pots. And a few shutters that I can swing open a la Enchanted April. It's in Toronto, 3 blocks from the Lake! The realtors at RemaxWest are pestering me, I've been having the Virtual Tour (have to give my email addy) so many times.

Reason enough to sell up here. And get a job there. Yessirree. Onward with the bland tones...

You notice I'm not giving out the MLS#? Ooh, it's so-ooo lovely. And I covet it. Probably a bad thing to covet so. Very un-Zen. Ommmmm. I am calm... and still covetous.

loulou

Michael said...

You do it, too? I'm beginning to think we're the same lady, loulou.

Love Toronto, but I love Vancouver, too. Just get me out of this hellish backwater.

That Como-esque place couldn't sound better if Clooney came with. C'mon, give it. You know what I want. Slide me the MLS. Email if you must. michaeldotengle@gmaildotcom

The Other Andrew said...

Still stuck on the toidy in the kitchen. Ewww on so many levels. Could you reach the stove? I guess those franks and beans might need the occaisonal stir...

Sorry, just threw up a little in my mouth.

Michael said...

I guess those franks and beans might need the occaisonal stir...

That made me guffaw this morning. You're a funny monkey, my friend.
Notice how I finally figured out how to use HTML tags in comments and now I can't stop myself?

The Other Andrew said...

Oddly, an old nickname of mine was 'cheeky monkey', so if the tiny organ grinder's monkey's suit fits...

Hah! Html tags in comments are essential. I mean, how else can I convey archness and irony.

Michael said...

Oh, and here I was assuming all your comments were arch.

The Other Andrew said...

Now with added arch.

Pretty much.