Sunday, October 16, 2005

Smells like seven layers, that beaver eats Taco Bell


Pipedreams
Now With More Beaver!
It's been months since I promised you more beaver shots. Finally I'm making good. Remember those lovely beavers that adorned Beavercreek, Ohio as it celebrated its twenty-fifth anniversary? If you've been around here for a while, you've seen the very gay construction worker beaver, but that only whetted your appetite for more, right? Before they were gone, your brave correspondent went on a beaver hunt so you could enjoy one more glimpse of a giant themed beaver. Unlike some of you, I haven't seen even a garden variety beaver in quite some time. P.S. I'm keeping it that way. These are all for you. Last week the beavers were auctioned off for charity. I did not attend. The craftsman who designed the beavers was on hand, however, and offered this tip to the highest bidders: "The best way to care for a beaver is to wax it regularly."
NOTE: The sign in the photo warns "Please do not touch or climb on beavers".
ADDED: Depicted above is "Pop Goes the Beaver".

9 comments:

Jen said...

I love you.

Michael said...

It's because I'm such a beaver hound, isn't it?

The Other Andrew said...

So wrong, it's right!

Michael said...

I just say "Pop Goes the Beaver" and it makes me laugh. Each time. I'm such a child.

The Other Andrew said...

Reminds me of the gag from "Flying High" (I think?) where the woman is up a ladder and the guy looks up and says "Nice beaver!" She replies "Thanks, I just had it stuffed" as she descends the ladder carrying a stuffed and mounted (dirty!) beaver.

Scratch the surface and we are all 12 year old boys underneath.

Michael said...

That is Priscilla Presley's beaver of which you speak!

The Other Andrew said...

First and last time I will ever speak of the Presley beaver.

Michael said...

Dude, that beaver is a piece of Americana.

The Other Andrew said...

I'll bet there's a special exhibit for it at Gracelands.