Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Lord, it's been a long time comin'

Dare I celebrate one small step in the right direction? The religious conservatives have been on such a relentless roll that I'll take a bit of pleasure with this swing back to reason. A judge decided today that 'intelligent design' cannot be taught in the science classrooms of Dover, PA. He accurately described the effort to introduce this hocum as a blatant attempt to sell religion in the public schools. Did we seriously need a judge to decide if there is some intelligence behind all this?

Tangentially, concerning the ongoing 'Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays' non-debate, my boy Tom has an interesting anecdote to share. It's good and I'm not just saying that because of, you know, the mad crush. Check it out, y'all. As with people of different stripes and persuasions, there is a time and a place for all these expressions, right? Is anyone honestly trying to argue that? Of course not. It's a manufactured controversy once again casting the poor conservative religious types in the role of the beleaguered. Ridiculous. They're so downtrodden that I feel I should send them their Christmas greetings a few days early. A pick me up for them. And me. And you. Who can argue with it?

5 comments:

Michael said...

Looking back at the last few posts, I notice that things are getting plenty gay around here, huh? When did that happen?

Bodhi said...

Plenty gay? Oh what-ever.

'Love you, miss you, wish you were Queer' ...

I think you are on a roll with the pictures of festive gayness, Mikey. Personally, I wish to thank you for the Priapism that you have given me as an early seasonal present. As soon as I unwrapped it, I just had to play with it then and there. Cause we all know, don't we, that a good man's hard to find but a hard man's good to find. I know a few people (names? ... they have names?!) that will back me up on that.

Keep up (so to speak) the good work ;-)

Bodhi said...

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Make the Yuletide GAY
From now on your troubles will be miles away ...

savante said...

It's still a Merry Christmas, Michael! :)

Paul

Michael said...

Of course you're right, Bodhi. You too, Paul.

::dons his gay apparel::