Friday, December 23, 2005

Don we now our gay apparel, fa la la la la, la la la la

It's finally here. Tomorrow afternoon my whole family will descend on the parent's place for the holiday festivities. All sixteen of us will be together for the first time in a while. My parents, my brother and sisters and their respective nuclear families and me, the faggoty master of ceremonies/cruise director. Seriously, things go along fine through the eating and the present opening, but after that, without me, this clan would devolve into tv watching and napping. No. Sometime there is arm twisting, maybe even a few tears, but there will be FUN had by all until we fall where we may in our jimjams and comfy throws and viscoelastic pillows. Well, that last bit is me. I fall where I may. Everyone else gets a bed. What the? They know I can sleep anywhere. That's what I tell myself. It may not be what they're thinking, but it is true. Y'all wouldn't be surprised to hear about some places I've bedded down for the night, would you? Anyway, here's wishing everyone peace and love and joy and a blessed holiday full of family and fun and food and wine and whatever manner of Bacchanalian delights strike your respective fancies. See you next week, guys, and I'll show you my gifts if you show me yours. MUAH!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyway, here's wishing everyone peace and love and joy and a blessed holiday full of family and fun and food and wine and whatever manner of Bacchanalian delights strike your respective fancies. So sweet! Same to you!

Jen said...

Merry merry to all the fairies! ;p

The Other Andrew said...

Cruise director huh?! Interesting. The director of cruise. Yeah, I can see it.

Hope you had a good one, and that everyone did as they were 'encouraged'.

BTW, the sleep anywhere thing is where we diverge enormously. I must have tomblike dark and absolute silence, plus complete physical compfort, in order to sleep. I'm also the world's lightest sleeper, so Yay me! Urgh.

Bodhi said...

I can sleep anywhere too Mikey, and I too can give you some pretty interesting places. Well ... sleep and/or pass-out ... same things, yes?

I'm capable of some pretty weird and interesting places sober and clean too. Hmmmmm. (Giggle). Never a truer statement was said.

And Cruise Director?

Oh pluh-ease ... you just know I gotta do this now:

Love, exciting and new,
Come aboard.
We're expecting you.
Love, life's sweetest reward.
Let it flow,
it floats back to you.

The Love Boat
soon will be making another run.
The Love Boat promises something for everyone.
Set a course for adventure,
Your mind on a new romance.

Love won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile on a friendly shore.

It's Looooove!
Welcome aboard - It's Looooove

freakgirl said...

WHEN ARE YOU COMING BACK?!

The Other Andrew said...

I know, it's like forever...

Bodhi said...

and ever :-(

[Pining away in a quite corner, as a single salty tear streams down my face ...]

freakgirl said...

waaaaaaaaaaaaah!

The Other Andrew said...

Dude, it's New Year's Eve here in my part of the world (we're so tomorrow, you know), so I just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year. Thanks for the laughs this past year, you're special.

Muah!
Andrew

Will said...

Merry Christmas (belated) and Happy New Year! Honey!

Thanks for brightening up the last quarter of my year with your witty and wonderful writing and take of life, man...

I'm sure you've heard this before but you're a special and unique snowflake...which I'd love to catch on my tongue and feel the melt in my mouth...

Bodhi said...

[*Shivvering* I think I might be going into Mikey withdrawals]

The Other Andrew said...

I've got separation anxiety.