Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ain't she sweet?

Here's another pretty for you. I have a pair of these greeting me every day by the garage doors when I get home from work. I used to fret about being too precious and girly with these pots, being the mui macho single stud that I am, but then decided this style fits so well with the house and garden and neighborhood that I should just embrace my yin/English cottage bad self. Yin is the female side, right? Oh yeah, that's right. Yang rhymes with whang. Where was I? Oh, my house is kinda traditional ranch-y from the front, so these fit, and kind of glass and patios California-style from the back, so I do more simple things back there. Anyway, sweet, no? Posted by Picasa
ADDED: Speaking of sweet, I was just watering those roses I showed you a few days ago, when I looked up and saw this little guy (click to enlarge the cuteness).I think he's a baby turtle dove. Normally, I'm not a big fan of them (to me they are a spare step below pigeons/rats on the Nuisance Fauna Scale), but I must admit the wee version is adorable. All together now: "Awwwww!"

3 comments:

Michael Guy said...

The 'greek key' urn pattern has my attention as an homage to classic VERSACE. And, too--the double impatiens are divoonly extravagant. I also appreciate your 'pairs' aesthetic for the front but I'm naturally curious to learn about this 'california-style from the back.' Do I need special gear?

Michael said...

Mmmmm, there's something about double anything, right? I like the red fountain grass in the center, too....lots of movement...very wispy in the wind.

Maybe "California-style" was the wrong phrase. There is a series of patio doors (off my bedroom and living room and den) with clerestory windows above, and the dining room has three big picture windows, so it's basically all glass facing the back.

Michael Guy said...

"double anything"? I have trouble with 'single'. But I digress. Naturally the red fountain grass is rad. And patio doors off the bedroom! Do you leave them open for soft breezes? BTW: you had me at 'clerestory' windows. I adore a good monk.