Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Fever 'til you sizzle, what a lovely way to burn

I love the Tonys. I know. You're plotzing. I wasn't familiar with most of the award winning plays this year, but that machts nicht. It's my favorite award show because it really seems to mean something to all the winners. Everyone is exuberant. The acceptance speeches are invariably hilarious and often literate and usually gay. Plus, there's lots of same-sexy couples in the audience. This year I was especially charmed by one of the presenters. She's Sara Ramirez and she's this week's PIE. Note: click on her link and you'll be cue up her singing Fever. Yuuuuummm. I didn't see her in Spamalot, and though she's made a lot of tv appearances, I wasn't aware of her until her turn as George's orthopedic surgeon love interest, Callie, on Grey's Anatomy. She's great in that. Simultaneously brash and vulnerable. You know, real. And, dudes, she's a Tony winner.I googled her after the awards this year and it only took a few minutes for me to become an acolyte. She's gorgeous and smart and can sing her ass off. Oh, if you've never checked out the Spamalot site, it's a hoot!

13 comments:

freakgirl said...

Greatest Pie Wednesday evah!

I LUST after Miz Ramirez. From the minute she rose up from the lake in Spamalot, to her sitting on the toilet on Grey's Anatomy, nothing but love. She is awesome.

Michael said...

I'm GREEN that you saw her in Spamalot.

I loved watching her pee as well. I think that's the first time I've said that about someone who squats to do it.

freakgirl said...

Oh, and I highly recommend watching the video of "Find Your Grail" on her site.

http://www.sararamirez.com/TheSite/MULTIMEDIA.htm

Jen said...

Hmm, not yet. Oh, don't get me wrong, they've all been perfectly lovely, I'm just not tying a napkin around my neck yet.

Michael said...

Dude! Like I said, the PIE is not about sex specifically, but I would SO snack on La Ramirez.

Jen said...

The PIE is not about sex for you, no. :)

freakgirl said...

I am nearly frothing at the mouth with anticipation for the week that Jen tucks in that napkin.

Michael said...

OK, freakgirl has just thrown down the gauntlet. Heretofore, I've not been aiming the PIE post at Jen specifically. Until now. Let it be known that I will have NO PROBLEM serving up PIE that will necessitate Jen pulling out the lobster bib. Stay tuned.

freakgirl said...

OH, IT'S ALREADY BEEN BROUGHTEN.

Jen said...

::fixes aperitif::

Michael said...

::doesn't even break a sweat::

Michael said...

::ties one hand and one leg behind his back::

freakgirl said...

::falls down laughing::