Tuesday, June 06, 2006

She'll tease you, she'll unease you

I had the mean reds yesterday. My version is a little different from Holly's. I don't have the unnamed fear so much as the unnamed irritation. Yeah, you get me. Since there's no Tiffany's in rural Ohio, my remedy is a little different from Holly's as well. I watch What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?It's rare when that doesn't do the trick, and last night was no exception, but I have plenty more jewels in my bag just in case. Get the feeling I'm in need of an emotional rescue? Anyway, from the scowl of a fresh-faced girl Blanche to the wrinkly, heavily mascaraed climactic scene, this movie is a pure delight. I loved it as a young boy way before I fully understood what "gay" was. Turns out it's Gay Icon Level: Cher. Bad hair, bad makeup, fabulously bad (good?) acting and atrocious writing. What's not to love? Oh, and speaking of gay icons, when I did the Google Image search for Baby Jane stills, I laughed and laughed* when this photo showed up:*Max (tm)

10 comments:

freakgirl said...

Yipes, Madge.

Speaking of bad pictures of celebrities, I saw this today and have been dying to share with someone. It's got to be like the worst picture ever taken, of anyone. Ever.

http://tinyurl.com/esmux

Anonymous said...

Michael -

Dying to know how your half marathon went over the weekend! I ran my first one last September in Philadelphia - doing it again this year. I'm a lurker, but a big fan of your site!

Jane

Michael said...

FG, Madge is Baby Jane Hudson. That picture is dee-licious. And you're not posting it because you don't cotton to making fun of a person's appearance? If so, I have no such reservations.

Jane, I'd say "welcome" but since you've apparently been here a while, "Nice hearing from you." I'm gonna post about the weekend's antics, but sadly, the half-marathon was a DNF for me. Mostly because I never started it. Mo' lata.

freakgirl said...

Heh...I didn't post it because the picture just looks so strange that I can't believe she really looks like that.

But you know what? Fuck Kirstie Alley. Her commercials for Jenny Craig make me want to smash my television. I'll post that mess tomorrow.

Michael Guy said...

..."I'm writing a letter to Mi-a-keee...he lives in Ohio above..."

.: fright make-up with a hair bow here :.

The Other Andrew said...

FG, we have the annoying Kirstie Alley ads for Jenny Craig here too, half a world away, so gee thanks and fuck you America. :)

Michael, you absolutely must track down the sketch by UK comedy duo French & Saunders where they take off "What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?". Hysterical. They do a whole series of movie take offs and the "Silence of the Lambs" one is pretty damn funny too. Sure antidote for the mean reds.

Speaking of which, no 'mean reds' but a big dose of the 'blahs' here. Not sure which is worse.

Anonymous said...

Wow, fg, that is one nasty picture - it makes me want to run to the gym immediately. All I see is one big double chin. What happened to her?

Curtis said...

Where abouts in rural Ohio? My home State.

Michael said...

FG, that picture is like the Kramer.

Andrew, now I'm on a mission to see that. I've never heard of them. That movie redefines "camp", no? Feel better, cousin!

Curtis, I remember reading that on your fabblog. I'm just north of Dayton. Vous?

Anonymous said...

I hope I end up in Bartlett's for my brilliant quote! Or maybe I'll just put "I laughed and laughed" on my tombstone.