Friday, June 23, 2006

If you need me, let me know

I've had a traumatic week. Guys, I left my neti pot in Detroit. Not as lyrical as leaving one's heart in San Francisco, but surely as poignant. If you're not an afficionado of the nasal douching, you don't know how huge this is. And it's totally irresponsible (are you sitting?), but I did not have a back-up pot. I know. Reckless! But with today's mail, comes sweet relief. He came. Look at that spout, will you? Just the angle to hit my spot. Also, stainless steel for easy and hygienic clean-up, and who would argue against easy and hygienic being the twin totems when it comes to clean-up? I can hardly wait to break him in.My other current love, in lieu of some olive-skinned confection in jeans and barefeet, is the coffee you see before you. Seriously, as I sit here typing, just thinking about deeply inhaling that fresh bag has me tumescent. No, really, I had to re-adjust the laptop. I've used it for both espresso and for drip coffee, and it never disappoints me. It's warm and rich and nutty....full-bodied....complex and hearty....versatile and well-rounded. Ummm, if you'll excuse me for a moment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the coffee write up - i can smell it now : )

The Other Andrew said...

Dude, do not confuse the two threads of this post. I'm guessing a nasal douche of espresso would NOT BE GOOD, no matter how much you love the small of the stuff.

Cautionary words.

Michael said...

It's good stuff, 60's.

TOA, thanks for the cautionary words. Now if only you'd give me some cautionary tale. I know, I know, you're taken, but I miss you. (And couldn't be happier for you)

Moominmama said...

neti pot? nasal douching? i'm so confused...