Thursday, September 08, 2005

But the earth stopped cold at dawn, for a moment, then moved on

It was only last week I was raving about the Google desktop and how it serviced me fast and nasty in ways I hadn't even expected. I'm at it again, guys. Have you checked out Google Earth? I have spent countless hours circling the globe with this bad boy. Hours. And. Hours. Doesn't it seem like I never work? I've been taking the dizzying dive into random juicy spots all over like I haven't done since college. Check it out and let me know about your travels.
This is one of the most photographed spots in the world, but have you ever seen it from this angle? If you look very closely, you can just make out OA and Bodhi, and at least one isn't wearing pants.

9 comments:

The Other Andrew said...

There I am! [points]

Last time I checked Google Earth they didn't seem to have Oz covered, so I'll have to and see if I can find my 'hood.

Michael said...

Ooh, email me your addy!
Isn't that a cool looking shot with the rippling on the water and the boat wakes? I zoomed in on angle into the harbour. So fun!

Bodhi said...

Ohh yeah, I see it, and its a good shot of me too. And that would be Rabbit without the pants Michael (look really closely, and you can see he is also holding a naked picture of himself)

Bodhi :-)
Sydney, Australia

The Other Andrew said...

Hey Bodes, they totally captured your bald spot...

[ducks]

For the record, he really doesn't have a bald spot.

Bodhi said...

Ok, that does it! I don't have to stand for this crap from the likes of you. Next time I see you, we are going to have to go outside and sort this out like real men ...

over a hot chokky and mocha at at nice al fresco cafe in Newtown. Ok, sweetie?

Bodhi :-)
Sydney, Australia

PS. You ducked? Really? Can't say that I noticed ;-)

Michael said...

::reality dawns:: I could never keep up with you two.

Will said...

You can't see KL from Google Earth. Me so upset :(

Michael said...

I noticed that, actually. You can't get into Cuba either. Or rural US.
Some places are so tight and clear though, and this is flippin' Google Earth, so imagine what the US government is looking at. They are all,"Oh, you have an eyelash....make a wish"

The Other Andrew said...

I couldn't load this onto my 'puter at work (blah blah firewall blah blah) and my home PC - aka The Beige Coloured Lover - is too old and clunky to run it. Is there a way to use it with downloading it? Am I an idiot? Why are these acrylic?