- Serenity-- This one is at the top of my list and it's almost here! I'm totally letting it in, no matter what chuck says. Joss Whedon is a god. Browncoats unite! And if someone tries to kill you, well, you just try to kill 'em right back. Frothing!
- Brokeback Mountain-- If someone approached me to come up with a dream premise for a movie, I don't think I could have done better than gay cowboys. This shit won some festival awards. Like I care. And if there may be a very Quest For Fire scene with Jake Gyllleennhaaaal taking the Rae Dawn Chong role (i.e. on all 4's), then so be it.
- Walk The Line-- As with so many movies I'm excited about, I was hooked by the trailer for this one. I am SO susceptible to targeted advertising. Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon just looked right. I hope they nail it. Could be crap.
- Capote-- Philip Seymour Hoffman. Two fascinating dudes, no?
- Elizabethtown-- I already love Cameron Crowe and this was another great trailer. I'm not especially fond of Orlando Bloom when he isn't sporting a blonde ponytail and a ne'er depleted quiver of arrows, but I have high hopes anyway. That is despite my reservations, and by my reservations, I mean Kiki Dunst.
- Everything Is Illuminated-- I loved, loved, loved this book and if you didn't, I think it's because you're trying too hard to be reservedly hip and ummm, ironic (?) (I really don't get irony so I just toss it in when I'm at a loss for a word). Love Elijah Wood, too. C'mon, he is SO cute and SO portable.
- Memoirs of a Geisha-- I loved this book, too. It's one of those that transports you to another place and time and envelops you completely. If this shit is half as good as the book, I'll be satisfied.
- The Chronicles of Narnia-- Normally I'm nervous about movie adaptations of my childhood favorites, but then came LOTR. Big footsteps. The effects look sweet.
I'd kinda like to include Rent in this list, but instead of keenly anticipating it, I'm steeling myself for a smelly pile. While I'm steeling myself, though, I'm totally singing Seasons of Love all the damn time. Yeah, I know. Another showtune gay. Can you still love me? So what do y'all think? I'm seeing all these. Wanna come with? I missed my chance at Bedtime Stories so I'm offering an open invitation. I'll buy Cokes and Sno-Caps if you don't make a big fuss when I get handsy.