Sunday, September 11, 2005

I've seen clouds from both sides now

Can I fall off the abs wagon after only three days? I'll confess that I'm already tired of brothy soups. I figure I'm going to have to step up the calorie burn if I'm going to uncover the cuts. Remember when I said I had a six-pack before? Well, "defined abs" might have been more accurate and that shit was in the 90's. The early 90's. I know, excuses. Anyway, I already work out during lunch and run in the evenings sometimes, so that leaves me only a few minutes in the a.m. for additional self-flagellation. With that in mind, I've been doing yoga for a spell each morning since Wednesday. I forgot how good that can feel. My hamstrings have never been more lax, guys.

Downward facing dog,
So this is what it feels like
For the guys who catch.

This verse is rudimentary and crude (aka Mikey-stizz?), so if you're interested in the real deal, check out Joel Derfner's book Gay Haiku. Want some free samples prior to purchase? His website is obligin'.

5 comments:

Will said...

To give up so soon
Is not allowed. Think of men
That you could entrap

Are we to assume that you pitch exclusively?

Michael said...

With you behind me
Keeping my eye on the prize,
I'll crunch for hot tail.

RE: Are we to assume that you pitch exclusively?
Is that allowed?
Seriously, we all get an itch, don't we?

Will said...

Hmm you're right...I never thought I'd get an itch to pitch but recently a certain Perfect Male has made me think some rather un-bottomy thoughts.

Michael said...

For the right guy, and with a predetermined safe word, I'd be amenable to just about anything.

The Other Andrew said...

Pitching or catching
I've never played baseball, but
My ball skills are good