Thursday, September 01, 2005

Just one more fix, Lord, might do the trick, one helluva price for you to get your kicks


Speaking of smells, in this month's Cargo they asked people about their impressions of Ralph Lauren's new scent, Polo Black. Based on their comments, I'm guessing that these were not random people off the street. If they were, I want to move to that street, because these people are so colorful and descriptive and olfactorily gifted. Here are some of their takes on Ralph's new shizz:
  • A summer morning. The notes are very smooth, and none are overpowering. It's just crisp and clear.
  • Like the sea on a hot day. It's not too strong, more easygoing.
  • It's like a leisurely walk through a tropical forest.
  • A hint of rose, then it becomes suave and romantic. It reminds me of growing up in the country.
  • Cool, fresh air. I want to wear this while driving in my car listening to INXS on the way to the beach.
  • A man right after he takes a hot shower--really clean.

So of course I checked it out. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but don't fucking tease me by saying it's going to smell like a man after a hot shower. If they ever bottle that shit, umm. Well, I don't know what, but is there anything better?

No comments: