Wednesday, September 14, 2005

....who dress like me; walk, talk and act like me, and just might be the next best thing, but not quite me


Now I hate gay bashing just as much as the next fag, OK? However, if you're collecting the shuttlecocks (hee!) after a spirited game of badminton with the neighborhood kids and someone yells out, "Let's play Smear the Queer!" is that the time to lecture? No. You politely decline to play a game which, when you get down to it, is a junior hate crime. Of course they'll whine and beg because, let's face it, you're fun and kids dig you. You start to leave, but hesitate. You're done. Signs of weakness like that are the kiss of death in Midwestern backyards. "You're the queer!" they shout. It's not like you can argue. P.S.? I rock this game. Always have. Little bitches gonna try to bash me? This queer will juke and be PAST you, muthafucka.

If you're not familiar with the game, check it out on Wikipedia. I was heartened to read this little snippet, although I'm guessing the Christian-y moms and dads might be chagrined.

Smear the queer is often played with an object such as a ball which is held by the "queer". Once the "queer" is tagged or tackled, he throws the object into the air. The other players then try to grab the object, thus becoming the new "queer". Unlike other forms of tag, those who stay "queer" the longest are considered the best players.

15 comments:

freakgirl said...

I've never heard of it either, although I must say I do like the alternate name, "Kill the Guy with the Ball." Much more descriptive and to the point.

Michael said...

It's for realz. We played it all the time as kids. And "Kick the Can" and "Ghost in the Graveyard". That's what you did when you had no money and Dad watchin' Star Trek reruns on your only tv. We were in Broke Phi Broke long before Kanye thought of that shit.
Back then I didn't know I was the queer even when I wasn't IT. Well, I knew it, but I didn't know it. Those boners from getting piled on were telltale.

The Other Andrew said...

Hey I win! I've stayed "queer" the longest.

Bodhi said...

Ooh, speaking of Queer. Rabbit was speaking with The Kid and myself the other day about your good self TOA. As he too knows a number of Andrew's, and does not use your blog moniker as he is such a cyber virgin (hmmm, another challange) he has decided to call you Gandrew. In Bunnyspeak thats short for "Gay Andrew".

Gandrew, is it just me or does it not sound like something out of Tolkien? All be it in a very fabulous version of middle earth. Gandrew The Pink, and The Lord of The Ring, perhaps? Queerest of all, indeed ;-)

Anyhoo, *squeals*, [PILING ON]

Michael said...

I was editing my post to include "hobbit" and you were posting about LOTR. Spooky! And still very gay!

Bodhi said...

Spooky indeed. The Kid has refered to him as Hobbit too, I kid you not!

Could we be any gayer? I think not. Can I get my epaulet now?

The Other Andrew said...

:::blink:::

Gandrew the Pink - love it! You shall not pass! Although you honey, yes the cute elf in the back there, sure c'mon in...

I LOVE 'pile on the hobbit', that's my all time favourite game.

Michael said...

You shall not pass! Although you honey, yes the cute elf in the back there, sure c'mon in..

You made me snort. ::wishes we were really piled::

Bodhi said...

and so the Fellowship of the Fab came into being ...

The Other Andrew said...

I'm feeling the love. At least, that's what I think I'm feeling...

Michael said...

Um, actually that's Esteban.

The Other Andrew said...

Ah yes, he's a little larger than Manny right?

Michael said...

No, left. And yes.

The Other Andrew said...

How does a nice Jewish boy from Ohio end up with Manny & Esteban? Just lucky, I guess?...

Michael said...

Bingo.