Thursday, September 22, 2005

I don't know if I'm smart but I think I can see when someone is pullin' the wool over me

How many of y'all saw this ad, They Lied/They Died, in the paper today? (.pdf file) It was a two page spread in the Cincinnati Enquirer, but ran nationally in other papers including USA Today. I think it's a powerful ad, but I'm not familiar with the organization, Win Without War. Know anything about it?

We know where [the WMDs] are. Donald Rumsfeld 3/30/03

We found the weapons of mass destruction. George W. Bush 5/29/03

There's no question that Saddam Hussein had al Qaeda ties. George W. Bush 9/17/03

We will in fact, be greeted as liberators....I think it will go relatively quickly...[in] weeks rather than months. Dick Cheney 3/16/03

We believe [Saddam] has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons. Dick Cheney 3/16/03

We do know that Saddam is actively pursuing a nuclear weapon. Condoleeza Rice 9/10/02

I'm going to add one more. It wasn't in the ad. I wish it was a lie, though.

And some people thinkin' that the end is close by, 'stead of learnin' to live they are learnin' to die. Bob Dylan

No comments: