Thursday, September 08, 2005

You wanna new song like a new religion

Lots of the gays are posting about ten songs they are loving right now. I think it's a meme thing, but I'm trying to pretend it's not because I'm still in the denial phase of mourning for the last one I killed. What's that? The straights are doing this shit, too? Huh. Here are a few of mine that, as of now, I NEVER skip past on the shuffle:

  • Gold Digger- Kanye West with Jamie Foxx. If you don't sing with Jamie doing Ray, I don't get you.
  • There It Go (The Whistle)- Juelz Santana. Smiling just thinking about it. Just put your lips together and blow.
  • Breathe Me- Sia. I've been loving this since it was the music behind the Six Feet Under promo video. Now it's on the SFU soundtrack. I already miss my big black sex cop. Anyone have a remix for me?
  • Boys of Summer-DJ Sammy. Jump in your drop, turn it up and just drive. Don who?
  • Instant Pleasure- Rufus Wainwright. Gay, remember? Every lil' while I have to revisit Rufus pining for someone to drop a nut on/in/with.
  • Opportunities- Pet Shop Boys. Won't you come back to me Beauty and the Geek?
  • Only You- Josh Kelley. I like Jason Mraz, too. And John Mayer. Shutup.
  • Tricky, Tricky- Lou Bega. I like the same shit she does. Plus, you know, pretty, pretty.
  • Stick 'Em Up- Quarashi. Two words. Icelandic Rap-rock.
  • Lovin' You- Poker Pets. Breezy. Click their link. It's not often you see a video of Claymation (tm) animal's cleavage, fore and aft.
  • A Man Is In Love- The Waterboys. I know. This is eleven, not ten. Lighten up and spot me one ya big homo. This is just so sweet. And Irish-y. I hadn't listened to it in a while and was reminded when a commenter on Lots of Co. suggested these guys are underappreciated and I agree.

All that said, and speaking of Lots of Co., what I'm loving most (and what's fuel to the hard sixers I've been pounding) is whatever lately drops from the mixer of Max J. Is it October yet?

I don't ask y'all for much, but I would LOVE to hear what you are loving right now, in the comments. C'mon. Isn't sharing what it's all about? Let me in your head a lil', or at least let me wear your ear buds. I think I just supplicated myself to you for chrissake.

Added: If you are shaking your head in disgust at my pathetic display, then I REALLY want you to list some songs. Enlighten me, muthafucka! Oh, and also if you have the Sia remix to share, hit me.

17 comments:

Bodhi said...

OK, Michael. I'm sure you have probably already read my list over at The Other Andrew's, but never let it be said that I play favourites (which of course I might... but we should just not talk about it, m'kay?).

In no particular order, here is my list of current old and new favourites that I am enjoying listening too at the moment.

1. "Incomplete" by Backstreet Boys
2. "Lonely" by Akon
3. "Voodoo Child" by Rogue Traders
4. "Switch" by Will Smith
5. "American Idiot" by Green Day
6. "Like a Prayer" by Mad'house
7. "Forever Young" by Interactive
8. "We Like to Party" by Vengaboys
9. "Sexy" by French Affair
10. "I need a Lover Tonight" by Masterboy

Bodhi :-)
Sydney, Australia

The Other Andrew said...

"Voodoo Child" - loves it. Bodes and I were dancing to this (the moves were fine) just a couple of weeks ago.

"Switch" to me seems dirty, dirty. Am I misreading this, or do the lyrics talk about flippin' your woman over?...

Bodhi said...

Michael - Green Day are indeed awesome! Back in March this year I went to see them, supported by Simple Plan, with 20,000 others at the Superdome here in Sydney. And let me tell ya, they went off! And the fact we were positively awash and surrounded by a constant bevy of black-clad hotties in the audience was not lost on my 15 year daughter or myself either ;-)

Andrew - I suppose you could read it that way ... but did you ever consider that maybe this is saying more about your state of mind than the actual song? Hmmmmmm?? Being the innocent that I am ( .... waiting for lightning to strike ..... no? ..... cool!...), I always assumed Big Willy was talking about switchin da moves on da floor so he could check out the girlies from all angles (ewwww, thats just sooo wrong).

Da Bunny likes that song too, by the way, but for whole other reasons. Just take into account that he's a Bi-Bunny.

They moves for Voodoo Child were indeed fine. Now everytime I hear that song I have flashbacks of glistening torso's, hands in the air and laser lights. God, sometimes I just LOVE flashbacks. In light of your recent diet considerations, I think we need to get back there again as soon as possible for some of that Hands-In-The-Air all-night podium dancing exercise regime we have talked about.

Bodhi :-)
Sydney, Australia

The Other Andrew said...

Word. Hands In The Air dance moves, here I come. Thank you Jeebus that I was born with wicked rhythm!

I think you really have to see the clip for 'Switch' - a) the lyric is all about 'flip it over and switch' while b) he pays a LOT of attention to the girl's butt - just sayin'.

The Other Andrew said...

PS. Bodes, did you kow that you have a Dance Face? Yes you do! Kind of a pout thing goin' on when you are gettin' down!

Bodhi said...

Yes yes yes ... seen clip many times. Will is checking out lots of butt. But I still stand by my more innocent interpretation. He's checking out a whole lotta other 'thangs too.

Pout thing, really? Hmmmm. Well as long as I look adorable, thats not all bad. Rabby likes it when I dance, so I must "make this look good" somehow.

Peace Out.

Bodhi :-)
Sydney, Australia

freakgirl said...

I am obviously some sort of shut-in. In your top ten, I recognize 3 songs and 6 artists. What has happened to me? I can't even think of 10 songs I like right now.

I am all up in Kanye's business, though.

Jen said...

Heh, on my mp3 player it's always circa 198x, except when it's circa 197x or 196x. I would guess that 90+% of my music was recorded prior to 1995.

Michael said...

So once Arsenio was gone, you just figured, "What's the point?"

Jen said...

Didn't everyone feel that way?

Michael said...

Pretty much.

Will said...

I just saw Kanye perform with Jamie on MTV Music Awards (we get the telecast waaay late here in Asia) and they rock!

Who I'm loving right now:

Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha
Missy Elliot feat. Ciara - Lose Control
Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
The Killers - Mr Brightside

Love their videos even MORE.

Michael said...

I have those last three on my playa, although over here Hollaback Girl has already passed serious overload...like Hey Ya overload.

The Other Andrew said...

Oh, and don't we immediately understand 'Hey Ya overload'. Same same down here in Oz. I was like enough already!

Bodhi said...

Hollarback Girl is a pretty cool song. I have a straight mate who has been long enamoured with Gwen Stafani. In his words, "I really like girls who appear as though they would fuck you rather than the other way around". Yeah, I know, he's quite the charmer.

And I must say Rabbit is soooooo cute when he starts singing (often at completely random times);

Let me hear you say this shit is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
This shit is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S


And as to "Yey Ya overload", I was over that damn song the first time I heard it, frankly. Enough already!, indeed.

Bodhi :-)
Sydney, Australia

Michael said...

Yeah, my taste in women always ran to the REALLY sporty ones. Strong and athletic enough to be able to ski with me and to run with me. One bitch could take me in wrestling. Liked them dressed in athletic apparel. Men's clothes, really. You see where this is going?

Bodhi said...

Yeah Michael, I see where there is going.

And can I just say Oh ... My ... Brad .... your a Lesbian!

Bodhi ;-)
Sydney, Australia