Monday, September 05, 2005

Cuz when the feelin’s right I’m gonna run all night

Lord knows Nike doesn't need my tired ass shilling for them (although Andre is sporting adidas suddenly-- it took me a moment to realize it was the power of Steffi's cooze that brokered that deal), but I have to mention these socks. I know what you're thinking. Socks, Mike? Socks are socks. I thought that once, too, my sweet, stupid friend. If you're a runner, check out these mofos and you'll be thanking me later. Like a lot. Burnt offerings and shit. Seriously, slide into these and take 'em out for a spin. It's like you're wearing little wombs on your feet. Well, little wombs that are highly breathable AND moisture-wicking! Have I mentioned that they are tailored LEFT and RIGHT? It should go without saying, however, that I did NOT pay full price. I have my limits, even when it comes to foot ecstacy. OK, I lost y'all didn't I? If you forgive me this post, I promise to be supportive when you post about being sick or having your period. Deal? Yeah, you're right. I actually like posts about infections or feminine hygiene. But not combined.



Quiz for ya. If you are planning on running an easy 6 miler on a Sunday morning, is it wise to put on fabulous socks and then cue up Max's September Mix on the MP3 player? No sir, it is not wise. My calves are shredded and my ass is tight. Is it OK if I just lay here and you do all the work for a change?

2 comments:

The Other Andrew said...

Hey, no fair. I only posted a couple of times (too many) about being sick and I haven't ONCE posted about my period...

Oh yeah, the socks. I'm happy for you.

Michael said...

You may as well just post about your period, A, because I figure we're synched up by now so I'll be able to commiserate.