Friday, August 26, 2005

Godspeed your love to me


OK, I've already admitted this week to watching Ellen and Oprah so I really have nothing to lose. When you already have a picture in your head of me as a 50something suburban matronly type in a housedress and curlers, why hold back now? I just saw one of the most fucked up (read: awesome!) things ever on The Young and the Restless. First, I don't watch this shit regular-like, I swear. I sometimes flip it on for a few minutes, which I did today as I was getting ready for my daily foray to church (read: the gym). Gay, remember? So anyway, as I tune in Victor and Nikki Newman are dancing. Nikki is crying (natch) her huge Demi-in-Ghost sized tears as they are being serenaded in their very own backyard (at the Newman Ranch) by Il Divo for chrissake! It's not just Il Divo, it's Il Divo singing Unchained Melody, brothas. Nicholas and Sharon, the junior versions of Vic and Nik, show up. They swoon a moment at this spectacle and then join the spontaneous dancing, mirroring the elder Newmans, tears for her and brooding that looks suspiciously like bm straining for him. Quite the tableau, huh? Drink it in. I did. The mind boggles at what chain of events led to this delicious cheesy goodness (and hey, non-dairy cheese, so no regret or bloat after)(OK, a little regret). Can anyone explain this? PS If Victor paid for this bidness, he should be pissed cuz I.D. was totally lip synching. Where was the fucking string section we were hearing? Debacle!
Yes, yes, I swore that I don't watch the show and yet I know all the character's names and relationships. So maybe I watch for 10 minutes or so on my lunch hour and that's all it takes to catch up on the last 50 from the day before. Il fucking Divo. Ah, that was good. ::sighs:: They are muy caliente, though, no? I do hunger for their touch, now that I think about it. Righteous.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Joan Van Ark was totally replaced. Dude, keep up.