Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Knock me down it's all in vain, I'll get right back on my feet again


It's U.S. Open time again, kids. Bring it on! I love tennis and this is a great time for tennis. Our Open may hold less cache than Wimbledon, but for a spectator, I think, there is no better tournament. It's loud and wild and filled with drama, just like the city it calls home. Flushing. Umm, can we just say it's in NYC?
This year we have some of the old guard making a last run at a Grand Slam title. You can't really help but root for Lindsay Davenport, can you? As for Agassi, I never really cared much for him, but he was cast in a new, better light for me when Steffi Graf found him worthy. Can he dethrone King Federer? Grab the stick away from the Maestro? Prolly not, but it'd be fun if he did. There is a young gun (and boy, what guns he has) who does have a chance to derail the Federer Express, though. Young Rafael Nadal, flexing the pythons above, is one of the most exciting players to come along in years.
Who LOVES this shit besides me?

No comments: