Friday, August 05, 2005

I start makin' a deal, inspired by gravity


Over at freakgirl I was trying to demonstrate my aptitude as a partner for her on The Amazing Race, so I was bragging up the reverse-bungee shiz that I did a few weeks ago at Paramount's Kings Island. It used to just be King's Island when I was a kid, but that's not nearly as fun to say (especially in a sentence where I splits the infinitive, yo). Pictured is the Slingshot, folks. The acceleration was fierce, and the recoil bungeewhillickers. Afterward, I mistakenly thought I had kept my shit together proper. That is until I saw the video they hawked post-ride where my face looked like what Burt Reynolds must see in the mirror every morning. Oh, also my sister said she was worried I had infarcted somewhere because my legs were so randomly floppy (the cage spins when it reaches the peak, each time). Flatley-style is the word she used, I think. Picture me in that little cage at the bottom of the photo, strapped in supine, legs in the air. Dress me as you see fit. When the man says "Clear" you fly 260 some odd feet into the air.
Note: After I seriously considered bailing on work for 5 weeks (read: forever) of TAR and strapping on the freak for the ride of her life as the fierce gay/str8, man/woman, commenter/blogger, occasionally catty/occasionally weepy combo, I find we missed the deadline. Maybe next time, huh?

3 comments:

The Other Andrew said...

Michael, I think I love your sister just a little bit. 'Flatley Style' cracked me up.

Best. Mental. Image. Ever.

Kiss her for me.

freakgirl said...

Flatley-style is the shit. Love it and will use it constantly.

Sorry we missed the deadline; maybe next season. Because the occasionally catty/weepy description SO applies.

Michael said...

You could be right, Maggie, only judging from the folks in line with me, they must have it in for the NASCAR crowd as well.

Now that would be some form of hell, trapped in space with that lot.