Thursday, August 11, 2005

Look at the stars, look how they shine for you

For those about to skim, I'm commencing with another entry of What Has Mike Been Reading Now? It wasn't in my stack at all, but Michelle (are you still out there?) twisted my arm and I decided to check out The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. Also, I'm the guy that Target is aiming for with those endcaps. I mean, $9.99! It's starting to look like I love everything I read, but it's not like this was gonna miss, right? Michelle recommended it, remember? It's a quick and giddy read. Wanna spend a few hundred pages finding out what it might be like inside the head of an interesting young man with autism? No, you're not getting in my head. Said young man is the narrator in the book. Clear the area of brown or yellow things, sit back, and enjoy the read.
Oh, since I seem to be working my way back through Katie Couric's reading list, did you all like The Time Traveler's Wife? I loved that shit, too. Vous?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Curious Incident... was a great read and surprisingly warm and funny, I thought. In a bizarre way, it reminded me of The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, one of my favorite early teen reads.